Take the PA Lemon Law Test!
1. Has your vehicle exhibited a defect or non-conformity within the first 12,000 miles? If so, have you advised the Dealer of this problem?
2. Has your vehicle been back to the dealer for the same problem at least three (3) times?
3. Has your vehicle been out of service for at least thirty (30) days? (This need not occur at one time, i.e. two or more "out of service" dates that total 30 days together will suffice).
4. Has the Dealer advised you that it cannot duplicate the problems that you claim exist?
5. Has your vehicle been to the Dealer for a Warranty related problem that the Dealer cannot fix?
6. Has the Dealer refused to fix your problem, or has the Dealer charged you for a repair that should have been covered under Warranty?
If you can answer YES! to any of the above listed questions, you may have a Lemon. If you have a Lemon, you can get a full refund of all monies paid toward the purchase of the vehicle, plus other specified costs, or you can receive a Free replacement vehicle.
If you answered NO! to all of the questions, you may still have a claim. There are other Federal and State Laws that will allow you to pursue a claim even if your vehicle does not meet the strict criteria of the Pennsylvania Lemon Law. Submit a no obligation Free Case Review form to our office to see if you have a claim, or contact our office at 1-888-LEMON-44 or send an Email to Greg@PittsburghLemonLaw.com